Benefits and wellbeing
We know that everyone’s different when it comes to what benefits they value the most, so we’ve made sure there's a good mix for everyone
We work hard to make Oakbrook a great place to work and we’re proud to have ranked in the UK’s Best Places to Work™ for the last two consecutive years. Our culture is important to us and it’s the people at Oakbrook that help define it and make it what it is today. Importantly we all have a real say and an opportunity to contribute to the things that matter to us.
So, it goes without saying that we focus on providing the best possible benefits we can for our colleagues.
We regularly ask our colleagues what's important to them and we use this feedback to help inform our benefits package.
We focus on benefits for mental and physical wellbeing because these are important, along with financial benefits like our enhanced pension plan and mortgage service because they’re useful for everybody.
But, at Oakbrook, there’s loads of other things available and you can see a full list of the benefits we offer below.
Benefits at a glance
- Company pension scheme
- 1% extra employer pension contribution when you have worked with us for five years
- Life assurance
- The Mortgage Service
- Free external advice on personal finance matters
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Health wellbeing check when you have worked with us for two years and every other year following initial wellbeing check
- Simply Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dr on call 24/7
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays
- 1 extra day holiday for every full year worked at Oakbrook (up to 35 days)
- 1 extra days holiday for your Birthday
- Buy or sell holiday scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Enhanced sick pay
- Free hot drinks in the office
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity payments
- Enhanced shared parental pay
- Flexible working arrangements
- Tram2work scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Reduced rate city centre car parking
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- £100 per year training allowance towards your personal development
- Perkbox benefits including things like discounted gym memberships, discounted weekly shops, car hire, travel discounts, free monthly coffee from Caffé Nero and a free monthly cinema ticket (plus discounted tickets for the rest of the month) and lots more!
Benefits in more detail
Company pension scheme
We work with Royal London for our company pension scheme. After you’ve successfully completed your probationary period you’ll be automatically enrolled with a contribution of 5% deducted from your salary. You can opt out of this if you want to and also change the amount you contribute from your salary.
- Employer contributions to your pension of up to 5%
- 1% extra employer pension contribution when you have worked with us for five years
- Increase or decrease your contribution whenever you want to
- Employee contributions are made as salary sacrifice which makes it more tax efficient
At Oakbrook life insurance is provided for everyone. This is a death in service payment of up to 4x your salary. You’ll be eligible for this as soon as you join the Oakbrook team and, as it’s not a taxable benefit (and so is free for you), you can sign up straight away to give yourself peace of mind that if the worst should happen, your nominated loved ones will receive financial support from us.
The Mortgage Service
We understand for many people a mortgage is their largest financial obligation. As part of our PK Employee Benefits package, you’ll have access to their fully independent specialist mortgage team where you’ll be able to access free mortgage advice.
If you’re buying a property for the first time, they can help you understand the process and they’re also happy to review any existing mortgage you have to make sure it’s the most cost effective for you.
Free Financial advice
We know that financial wellbeing is as important for our colleagues as it is for our customers’, and if we’re honest, most of us at some point could do with a bit of advice. That’s why, as soon as you join Oakbrook, you’ll have access to free, high level independent financial advice and support delivered through PK employee benefits. You’ll be able to book one to one discussion’s directly with a qualified financial adviser at a time that’s suitable for you.
Salaries and bonuses
When it comes to salaries our position is very clear. We believe in fair pay for fair work. We monitor the job market closely and have an ongoing programme of internal and external benchmarking to ensure that the salaries we pay are fair and consistent for the work you do. We review individual salaries twice a year to ensure salaries remain fair.
We also pay a discretionary annual bonus that reflects both the business and individual’s performance. When awarding annual bonuses, we have processes in place to ensure that any bonus allocations are fair and inclusive.
Private Medical Insurance
Private Medical Insurance is provided via AXA Corporate Health Plan. You’ll have to opt in to join this as it’s a taxable benefit. You’ll see it on your P11d if you do join.
Simply Health Cash Plan Scheme
The Simply Health Cash plan scheme lets you claim money back on the cost of everyday healthcare, such as dental treatment, eye tests, physiotherapy and consultations. Oakbrook will pay a monthly premium on your behalf which enables you to claim money back towards the cost of check-ups and treatments, up to an annual limit.
Employee Assistance Programme
All colleagues at Oakbrook have access to a 24-hour counselling, lifestyle and health and wellbeing service through our independent Employee Assistance Programme.
- Phone or face to face counselling
- Advice on health and lifestyle issues
- Provision of basic medical advice
- Pre-travel medical advice
- Basic legal advice
- Childcare and eldercare service
Doctor on call
Hopefully, you won’t get ill, but if you do, the Smart Health app gives you access to a 24/7 GP on the go.
- Unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP as well as a range of other health and wellbeing experts
- Mental health support
- Nutrition consultation
- Fitness Programme
- Health Check
25 days plus bank holidays as standard – and Luke, our CEO, believes that nobody should work on their birthday, so we always get an extra day off on or around that special day, so we can spend time with family and friends.
Additionally, all our colleagues will receive one extra holiday day for every full year they are at Oakbrook (up to a maximum of 35), and if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also be able to request to buy or sell 5 days holiday for the following year.
Enhanced sick pay
We hope that nobody gets sick but unfortunately, it’s inevitable that we may be under the weather from time to time. If you get sick, we don’t want you to be worrying about money so, as soon as you’ve passed your probation, you’ll have 20 days sick allowance paid at full pay, per year.
Help with nursery fees
If you have little ones at nursery, you can take advantage of our workplace nursery scheme. The workplace nursery scheme offers support with nursery fees for children up to the age of 5. We pay your nursey fees upfront and you pay monthly. You’ll benefit from tax relief because it's a salary sacrifice scheme.
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption payments
We offer an enhanced maternity pay package for eligible colleagues. If you have at least twenty six weeks continuous service by the 15th week before your baby is born, you are entitled to 10 weeks full pay. We also offer enhanced statutory paternity leave if you have worked continuously for Oakbrook for 26 weeks leading into the 15th week before your baby is due with two weeks full pay on offer. Our shared parental leave provides a way for both partners to have up to 10 weeks full pay during that first important bonding period with your baby. Adoption leave is also aligned with these enhancements.
Flexible working arrangements
We know that our lives can change and as a result we may need some flexibility around our working hours. Usually, you must work at a Company for 26 weeks before you can apply for flexible working but at Oakbrook we offer the opportunity to apply for flexible working arrangements at any time.
Our travel benefits give you access to:
- Our Tram2Work scheme where you'll enjoy discounted rates on a monthly travel pass
- Our Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme meaning you get lease hire on amazing electric vehicles at a reduced rate through salary sacrifice
- Our car parking scheme where you'll enjoy discounted rates for city centre car parking if you need to drive to work
- Our Cycle2Work scheme means you can get a great bike at a reduced rate through salary sacrifice
£100 personal training allowance
We want people to achieve their life’s best work whilst they’re at Oakbrook so continuous learning is important. To support this, in addition to the normal training provided, we offer £100 towards training of your choice each year. This money can be used for any training, not just work related. So, if there’s something that you have always wanted to learn, the company will pay £100 towards it.
Perkbox is a great way to access hundreds of different perks. Whether you fancy a free coffee from Café Nero or food shopping discounts, there really is something for everyone. We’ll sign you up to Perkbox when you join giving you access to all these perks. Here’s some of the most popular discounts our colleagues are currently enjoying:
- Free coffee each week
- Save at least 6% on the high street.
- Savings on groceries
- Free cinema ticket every month and savings on cinema tickets the rest of the month
- Free breakdown cover