From Developers, Accountants and Marketeers to Data Scientists, Product Engineers and Customer Service’s Agents - you’ll find plenty of career opportunities at Oakbrook
Preparing for interview
Preparing an application and going through any recruitment process can sometimes be stressful and time consuming. So, we’ve pulled together some helpful hints and tips to give you an idea of what’s involved in our recruitment process to help you prepare in the best possible way.
Search for your ideal role with Oakbrook
Check out our latest opportunities. If there’s a job you like the look of then applying is all done though our online portal. Simply click on the link and follow the online instructions.
Completing your application
We receive quite a few applications for the jobs we post. Therefore, it’s important to try and make your application stand out from the crowd.
We’ll ask you to complete a section on your personal details, for example your address and phone number, then we’ll ask you to complete some more questions around your current position including things like your current salary and salary expectations. We’ll also ask you why you want to work here so it’s a good idea to do as much research as you can about us.
- Make sure you complete the questions in the online application fully, ensuring that all the information you submit is accurate
- When completing online applications, you might find it useful to write your answers in a word document first so you can review them for accuracy and content
- Add as much relevant information as you can in your application for the role that you’re applying for
- Check for punctuation and spelling and, if it’s useful, get someone to proofread your application before you submit it
Once you’ve completed the online application form you’ll have the opportunity to upload your covering letter and CV.
We’ll usually get back to you within a week or so of the closing date for the role that you’re applying for, and we’ll get back to you whether you’ve been successful in being selected for interview or not.
As part of our application process, for some of our roles, we use psychometric testing. If we’d like you to complete psychometric testing, following our review of your application, we’ll contact you with the details of how to access it.
Psychometric testing is used to measure your abstract, verbal and numerical reasoning skills and are timed tests. Verbal and numerical aptitude tests are generally multiple-choice questions which must be completed within a certain timeframe. An abstract aptitude test is normally a non-verbal test that uses shapes which you will need to answer questions about. The results of the psychometric tests will form part of the basis for interview selection.
Preparing for interview
- Do as much research as you can about us as a business and the role that you are applying for so you're able to demonstrate a good understanding about us and can ask any questions you might have. Review the role profile again and learn about our business. You’ll find lots of useful information about us on this website
- Have a copy of your CV to hand just in case you need it
- Come prepared with some questions that you might want to ask about the role and the business
Your first week with us
Whether you’re joining our consumer lending teams or working for O6K, our business to business technology and analytics company, we’ll do our very best to make sure that your first week goes as smoothly as possible and that we get you set up as quickly as we can.
On your first day you’ll be met by your Manager who’ll show you around, introduce you to the team and have a chat with you about what you’ll be doing that week.
As we’re regulated by the FCA there’ll be some training courses which you’ll need to complete in your first week. You’ll also get to meet people from across the business including Luke, our CEO and Jon, the Managing Director of our loan’s businesses.
Your Manager will talk you through your objectives for the next half year, so you understand what you need to be thinking about and working towards. They’ll also show you how to do the other important stuff, like booking holidays for example!
We’ll also set up a date for you and get you booked onto our ‘Be a Legend’ training course so we can get you up to speed with our business, our culture and our company Values.
When you start you’ll find lots of people available to help you get settled in and there’s always someone to ask if there’s something you’re not sure about.